Friday 16 April 2010

3D Attempts




It took me a while to realise that the reason why i was having such difficulty with my 3D work was because I hadn't fully realised the 2D images that were supposed to inform them. My attemps were under developed and the entire process was highly frustrating. There are many ways to execute work in paper 3D, as I examined below, and none of them can be done without careful planning: I needed more than a basic drawing to progress to 3D. It is with this in mind that I have decided to instead work on fully realising my planned layouts in 2D form, in A3, using watercolour. These can then be used to inform any 3D attempts, if I have the time to make them. Having already lost 5 weeks of work time due to my dissertation hand in, it was ambitious in the first place to plan to achieve so much in the time left to me. I think I felt that I needed to push the boundaries, rather than present something simple, or 'boring'. This attitude actually anded up stunting the natural progression of my work, especially since my strengths lie in drawing. It is important to try new things, but not at the expense of creating something well considered and suitable to the text. I thought it would be better to produce good 2D illustrations rather than bad 3D work. In any case, the photos above illustrate my attempts at 3D execution.

No comments:

Post a Comment